Do you have a problem with hair loss ?
Hair loss is a common scalp problem that can occur suddenly or over the years. It can be temporary or permanent depending on the cause of hair loss. Losing about 50-100 strands of hair everyday is considered normal. Excessive and unusual hair loss needs medical attention.
Hair/Loss diseases are disorders primarily associated with the follicles of the hair..
Hair loss can be frustrating, especially for women as they can’t style their hair, the way they want, the hair is too fine to do anything with it. They just have to wait until the problem is resolved, by doing a good hair practice routine.
Some causes of hair loss…
- Hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth or menopause
- Medications to treat cancer, high blood pressure, depression or arthritis
- Alopecia (an autoimmune disease that attacks hair follicles)
- Scalp infections like ringworm
- Male-pattern hair loss caused due to genetics.
- Underlying systemic diseases like hypothyroidism..
- These are just a few of the causes of hair loss…
- Mediterranean diet A 2018 study revealed that a diet containing raw vegetables and fresh herbs..
- Protein Hair follicles are made mostly of protein called keratin. One 2017 study Trusted Source of 100 people..
- Vitamin A Vitamin A is composed in part of retinoids, which has been shown to increase the rate of hair growth.
- Multivitamin Scientists have determined that vitamins A, B, C, D, iron, selenium, and zinc are all important to nourish hair follicles
Tips For A Healthy Scalp
- Use an exfoliating shampoo containing salicylic acid or white willow bark extract if you have psoriasis.
- Avoid head-to-head contact with others to prevent head lice.
- Massage your scalp to improve blood circulation. You can do this while shampooing your hair or oiling.
- Practice good hair care routine. Wash your hair and condition once every 2 or 3 days.
- Protect your scalp from the sun using a hat or a scarf.
- Refrain from using harsh skin care products, heat styling or hair colors that can damage your scalp.
- Eat a balanced diet and keep stress at bay using meditation.
Scalp conditions occur as a result of poor hygiene, infections by bacteria and fungi or harsh hair care. Irrespective of the cause, there are ways to treat them effectively as mentioned above. Always talk to your dermatologist before considering a treatment method. A healthy scalp means healthy hair. Handle your scalp and hair with care, always!
CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING POSTS..